White teeth – DOs & DON'Ts!
White teeth are simply part of the ideal of beauty for many people. If you are not happy with the color of your teeth or want to prevent tooth discoloration in general, you should take a closer look at our DOs & DON'Ts list.
But first, let's clarify the question of why teeth can turn yellow. Unfortunately, there are many reasons, including:
- Oral hygiene: Poor oral hygiene can be a risk factor for dental disease and cause unsightly discolouration.
- Age: Over time, the white enamel of your teeth wears away, fading and appearing discolored.
- Genes: The transparency and thickness of the teeth is genetically determined - which has a direct influence on the color of the teeth.
- Diet: Certain foods and drinks can cause yellow teeth.
- Smoking: Tar & nicotine etc. can lead to brown discolouration and tartar.
- Medications: Various medications, such as tetracycline, antihistamines, medication for high blood pressure, and neuroleptics can cause darkening of teeth.
- Conscientious oral hygiene with the right products is the A&O for white teeth. Brush your teeth with MINT toothpaste every morning and evening and rinse thoroughly with the whitening mouthwash . In addition, use the Hollywood Smile polishing paste twice a week to remove stubborn stains.
- Use MINT products that achieve an optical whitening effect on the teeth thanks to blue pigments: MINT lipstick & lip liner , Blue Shine lip gloss .
- Did you know that pineapple, apple, carrot and turmeric promote whiter teeth?
- Don't forget to visit the dentist regularly!
- Regular consumption of dark foods & drinks, such as coffee, black tea, cola, dark berries, can form deposits on the teeth and lead to tooth discoloration.
- Acidic foods such as citrus fruits or vinegar should also be reduced, as these attack tooth enamel.
- Smoking - not only bad for your teeth, but for your overall health, in our opinion.
If you heed this list of DOs & DON'Ts, nothing stands in the way of a bright smile!